1. Installation Work
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671: 2018 Amd 1 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Build-ing Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found re-quired to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- Where agreed beforehand and extra charge, chases to walls, etc will be re-filled to 2mm below plaster finish depth, however final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
- All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dustsheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary. However, dust is inevitable. Where agreed before-hand and at extra charge, we can provide a cleaning service.
- The contract / quote outlines the expected duration of the in-stallation work.
- Whilst undertaking the installation work at the property, the cli-ent Is required to provide water and power free of charge.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate cost.
Every work / service / purchase from VR electrical services ltd have to be written and send by email to info@VR-electrical.co.uk
Agreements over messaging application as WhatsApp, Signal, Tel-egraph, etc are not valid.
2. UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES
- We try very hard to accurately estimate costs but unforeseen circumstances may result in additional labour and resource costs.
- Where additional resources are required to complete the work, materials will be charged at wholesale cost.
- Where the number of days’ labour exceeds that estimated, additional labour will be charged at a reduced rate of £350 per day or £65 per hour. We will however promise that additional labour will not exceed 20% of the total labour charge estimated. This only applies to the work specified and does not include variations to specification.
- Existing Building Defects such as to the fabric of the building, services or finishes that become apparent and require repair or maintenance work outside of the scope of work proposed in the offer (changes can trigger a historical defect) will not be our liability. We will however be happy to assist you in repairing or arranging for remedial work to be carried out which will be chargeable.
3. CALCULATION OF LABOUR
- Qualified electricians will count as a 1 full day of labour for each day worked.
- Electrician’s mates (e.g. nearly qualified personnel) will count as 0.7 of a day for each day worked.
All provided materials by VR electrical services ltd is guaranteed for 12 Months from the date of installation (unless stated otherwise). Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by VR electrical services ltd, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671: 2018 and any amendments in force at the time of the works. All work where applicable, will also be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking and/or conduit.
Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work this is covered in the scope of works. We will make every effort to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to ensure a fully satisfactory reinstatement upon completion of work.
All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dustsheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary. You are advised to ensure that breakables and loose items are packed away during works.
The estimate outlines the expected duration of the installation work.
Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
6. OTHER TERMS
Please read carefully any concerns highlighted in the estimate as we would like our experience to benefit you in the future when planning your home/business alterations.
The Client is expected to provide access to WC, power for tools, water, storage space and parking at no cost.
Any required building regulations/planning permission is the responsibility of the client.
The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
We are covered by public and products liability of £2000000
Complaints should be addressed to the proprietor and a written record of complaints and outcomes will be kept on record.
9. HEALTH AND SAFETY
This estimate does not cover the cost of or control of any hazardous materials (e.g. Asbestos). Where materials suspected of being asbestos are discovered we will plan work around this to avoid disturbing it, or we can arrange for testing to be undertaken at a cost of £250 for three samples. Additional work/materials or testing will be charged on top of the estimated or quoted works and the cost shall be borne by the customer.
Our team are accredited in the following: Texecom Alarm Installation , Pyronix Alarm Installation, Aico Fire Panel Installation, Initial Verification and Periodic Assessment of Electrical Systems, PAT testing C&G 2377.
10. DATA PROTECTION (GDPR)
We operate a strict policy on the use of data. A copy of this can be found on the VR electrical services ltd VR-electrical.co.uk Website.
Customers often find it useful to see examples of work we have undertaken to appreciate how work ordered might look in their own buildings. We may therefore take photographs of work for use on our digital platforms and paper-based media. Pictures will never be taken that allow the property or customer to be identified. We will also never use an image that may cause offence, embarrassment or distress. If you would prefer us not to take pictures of work or if you would like an image removed please notify us.
12. PAYMENT TERMS
Once you have received a written quotation, an initial payment of 40% of the bill is required to secure a start date. This is to cover the cost of initial materials and secure booking time. For work costing more than £1000 a further payment of 30% of the sum is payable at the halfway point of the project and another 20% when major works are completed, with the remainder being payable on completion following any final fit, snags or alterations requested.
Final payment for work undertaken is due 1 day after the issuance of the final invoice. Please note that a failure to pay within 7 days will result in the withholding of any installation certificates and debt recovery proceedings with additional costs as per legislation at When a payment becomes late from GOV UK website.
Completion disputes – should a dispute arise on completion of the project, the client has the right to withhold a maximum of 5% of the final sum owed until an agreement is reached.
Title of all materials and goods remain the property of VR electrical services ltd until the balance is paid in full.
If cancelation is requested after the statutory 14 day cooling off period, any deposit paid is non-refundable.
Contact us here for questions related to refunds and returns.